Our current unit is Series Readsing: Cross-Genre Book Clubs.
We will do the following writing units this year:
Reading includes three parts: decoding (saying the words), fluency (smooth, expressive reading), and comprehension.
- Getting Started
- Character Study
- Reader's Learn from Informational Reading
- Informational Book Clubs
- Series Reading: Cross-Genre Book Clubs
- Traditional Literature: Fables, Folk Tales, and Fairy Tales
- Poetry (throughout the year)
Decoding strategies include:
Reading comprehension strategies include:
- Getting your mouth ready
- Looking for chunks you know (ex. "at")
- Looking for picture clues
- Think about the story. What word would be make sense?
- Does it look right?
- Does it sound right?
- Does it make sense?
- Schema and making connections
- Visualizing/sensory images
- Determining importance
Reading homework MP1.pdf
Reading homework MP2
Reading homework February 2017
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
questioning inferring determine importance reading log MP3
Character trait list - BASIC
Character trait list #2
Character trait list #3
Character trait list - ADVANCED
Reading comprehension strategies
Reading assessment letter to parents
Leveled book list
||pdf file: You need Adobe Acrobat Reader (version 7 or higher) to view this file. Download the free Adobe Acrobat Reader for PC or Macintosh.